Redcord Has Arrived!
Redcord -a unique, exciting and leading edge form of exercise therapy is now available at the Therapy Center at Hackettstown Regional Medical Center.
Redcord was developed in Norway 25 years ago and made its way to the United States just a few years ago. Redcord uses the weight of a person's own body for resistance and can be used for rehabilitation or for performance-oriented training. Exercises can be adjusted to be more or less challenging so that it can be used by most everyone, regardless of age, strength, size and physical ability-from Olympic athletes to 80-year- old patients needing wheelchair assistance.
HRMC EMT's Utilizing Opiate Antidote Narcan
In March, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie expanded a statewide pilot program allowing police and emergency medical technicians (EMT's) to carry and administer Narcan, a life-saving medication that reverses the effects of an opiate overdose, which has become a growing problem in New Jersey.
Narcan is an antidote that is administered nasally to patients suspected of having overdosed on an opiate. Opiates are drugs such as Heroin, Morphine, Fentanyl, Oxicodone, Percocet and Methadone that are prescribed to reduce pain or cause sleep.
Get the Facts About HRMC's Wound Healing Center
- The healing of a wound is typically a natural process, but for diabetics and patients with certain skin, bone, and tissue conditions, healing isn't something that can be taken for granted.
- Even for an otherwise healthy individual, any wound that fails to show signs of significant healing within 14 days should be evaluated by a physician immediately.
- Patients DO NOT need a referral from their primary care physician to come to the Wound Healing Center for treatment and the Center takes all health insurance plans.
- The Wound Healing Center specializes in treating patients with the following conditions:
- Diabetic foot ulcers, burns, venous stasis ulcers, traumatic injuries, pressure ulcers, radiation wounds, skin tears, post surgical incisions
- Any wound that has not shown signs of improvement within 30 days
- Eric L. Gross, M.D., FACS, is the Medical Director of the Wound Healing Center, and the Center is staffed with a total of seven board certified physicians and 9 additional expert clinical staff - all specialists in the latest therapeutic methods of wound management and wound healing.
If you or someone you know suffers from a wound that is not healing, we can help! Call the HRMC Wound Healing Center at (908) 979-8788.